- Technology scouting and early identification of the latest trends in R&D of photonic and
- Definition, evaluation and implementation of new laser technologies and processes
beneficial for The Swatch Group.
- Independently define and manage R&D projects internally as well as with external partners
to achieve fixed objectives.
- Conceive robust and completely automated laser micromachining processes on multi-axes
- Realization and characterization of the laser-processed parts.
- Documentation of developed solutions.
- Academic education in optics, laser technology, physics, material science, microtechnology
- 3 years of experience in laser processing in industry or equivalent.
- Profound understanding of laser physics and light-matter interaction.
- Hands-on experience with optics, optical systems and laser applications.
- Hands-on experience with material and process characterization techniques.
- Habitude of taking initiative and of working independently.
- Analytical thinking and capacity of oral and written synthesis.
- Strong motivation to take an active part in a multidisciplinary and international team for
continuous improvement and innovation.
- The candidate should be, or willing to become fluent in oral French (which is the main social
language at work), good oral and written English is a must for our scientific and engineering
environment, as well as participation in international workshops, trainings and
- German is an asset to take full advantage of our unique position in the center of Europe
and at the language border between German and French laser communities.